Monday, January 3, 2011

"New hCG Diet"-A WARNING!!!

I'm sure you have at least seen the ads for the New hCg Diet..or the Real hCG Diet...and I know that I have been asked about it by at least one person. I wanted to let you all know that you should run, not walk, but run as fast as you can from anyone trying to sell this product or this plan to you.  This plan has been made popular by Kevin Trudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure.  Too bad he is a convicted felon that knows nothing about health or money or anything else he writes about.  He is a con man...and apparently a good one. Do yourself a favor, continue reading and be sure to pass this on to your friends. Heck, it makes me so mad..I'd even pass it on to people I didn't like!! 

Here's the deal- hCG or human chorionic gonadotrophin is a female hormone found during pregnancy and is responsible for prolonging the existence of the corpus luteum and allowing the continued production of progesterone. In women, hCG has been used in the processes leading up to in vitro fertilization.  It has been used in cases of hypogonadic men to help Testosterone production. 

Again, it is a hormone. Hormones cannot be sold legally without a prescription form your  doctor. IF someone is selling hCG it is either done illegally, or is NOT hCG.  If it is NOT hCG, well then what IS it?? Your guess is as good as mine...  It could be anything.  Some hCG sites are selling injectable forms in addition to pill forms of the 'substance'.  I'm not too sure about you but for one thing- I do not like needles; and for another thing..I am NOT going to inject God-knows-what into my body, never mind take a pill made of who-knows-what.  

What if it IS hCG? Well, besides the fact that it is illegal to sell, would it help you lose weight? Nope.  There is no evidence that it would.  In fact, every study that I have seen looks at hCG injections in conjunction with a 500 calorie per day diet.  Now I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm going to tell you that regardless of injections, if you take people and put them on a short term diet of 500 calories per day- THEY WILL LOSE WEIGHT!! Did the hCG do it? NO!! There weren't even any differences between experimental and control groups. Save yourself tons of frustration and some money as well-- not to mention your health-- avoid Kevin Trudeau and his con.  

hCG DIET = ADMONITIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment