Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome to my world..

Welcome to my world- one filled with a desire to spread the truth about nutrition, cut through marketing hype, dispel myths and make the world a healthier place one thought at a time, one person at a time.
As topics are covered, they will either come with applause or admonitions, yea or nay, continue or stop.

So where to start? I am often asked about this supplement or that 'new magical' ingredient or nutrient. Should I take it? Will it help me to lose weight? Gain muscle? Grow more hair? Before I can even answer any of those questions we have to strip it down and head WAYYYYY back to the beginning.  What are you EATING?? No supplement, ingredient or micronutrient will be able to fix what is wrong with your diet.  And NO, diet does NOT mean what (insert name here) plan you are following this week or the new fad on the cover of this week's hot magazine. Diet means what you are eating...what your diet is comprised of- your nutritional intake is. So there you go...let's start with that.  What ARE you eating????

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, I am so excited to read your blog and what you have to say on proper nutrition! I agree that no supplement can take the place of what we eat...

    www.blog.runningwithcorinne.com

    ReplyDelete