Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pie, anyone??

So I'm minding my own business strolling through the grocery store when this woman comes running up behind me...

"You look amazing! What do you do? I work out and teach group classes and I can't seem to get to where I want to be."

I was taken by surprise and humbled by her kind words.

We chatted for a moment exchanging names and the like before the natural progression of questions began:

I bet you work out all the time, right?
I bet you eat "clean" all the time, don't you?

It is always interesting to me to watch the expression on someone's face when I tell them that, in fact, I DO NOT workout all the time. And that if I wanted to eat a piece of cake or pie that I would do it.


Saturday night's dessert options
I didn't get into the details about the dessert I had on Saturday night, I figured we could discuss that at a later date.  It was however important for me to let her know that you CAN reach your health, performance, and physique goals and NOT give up on living your life.

Trust me, I've been there.  I spent years following the most boring meal plans and doing endless hours of training and cardio.  Guess what that did for me-- left me burned out, exhausted, and hungry, no not hungry-- STARVING!!

I found myself wishing the days away until I could drop the routine I was following...and I'm sure everyone around me was wishing the same thing.  Talk about no fun to be around..sheesh.

So I get it, I've been there.  Getting people to really understand that it doesn't have to be that way is certainly a challenge...until I tell them what I am doing now.

What if I told you that I train for only a handful of hours a week- never more than one time each day-that I eat more food than most guys I know, and that I eat dessert when I want it.

Oh and on top of that I'm leaner than I was when I was doing things the "old" way!!!

Yep, it is all true.  And you know what else???? I am happier too!

Don't give up on your dreams of great health, amazing performance, and a stellar physique because you think you'd have to give up living and enjoying life to get there.

You truly can have your cake (or pie) and eat it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment