Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It is OFFICIAL ...

Yes, it is official...I have registered for my first ever 40 mile race.  Triple Lakes Trail Race
Although very supportive, my husband thinks I'm nuts (I'm sure he isn't the only one..) but that doesn't bother me.  He doesn't understand why I can't just run half-marathons or marathons.  Well, I CAN run those, but I want to run this too!  Just once..just to do it..to see what it is like.  Who knows, if I like it I may just do it again.  Just don't tell HIM I said that...

Part of me does find it slightly humorous only because when I started back into running (Nov 2008) I said I had no desire or intention of ever running a full marathon, I just wanted to run a half. Ha! As a woman I am fully capable of changing my mind at any moment- without notice.  And change my mind I did! Ok, getting me to register for my first full marathon (Marine Corps Marathon 2009) did take a bit of cajoling -thank goodness Katie Wade wasn't going to take 'No' for an answer- but before we even arrived in D.C. I had decided I wanted to run another full marathon.  I wanted to train harder and see what I was capable of doing...

So that is where I am now..looking back over the full and half marathons I have done..looking forward to those I have scheduled for this year..but training for my first ever 40 mile race. Exciting and scary all at the same time.  Ok, maybe scary isn't the right word..just 'unknown'.. Only change is, now all of YOU know I'm doing it too!  I figure that in between all of my other ranting and such I can keep you updated on my training and nutrition and all...and who knows, it may just inspire one of you.  No, you don't need to run a 40 mile race..well, unless that is your goal.  Just get out there and run : )

No comments:

Post a Comment